Re: PCRE regexp bugs

From: Rik
Subject: Re: PCRE regexp bugs
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 12:38:32 -0800

>>> configure.ac? The
>>> writing
>>> use PCRE
>>> (http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/e4dbfe3019b1)

This was an unusual regexp.  Where possible, all of the regexp have been
converted to use single quotes to prevent variable interpolation problems
such as the one you found.  I have committed your patch.

>>> Believe me, there are more. There's one in __gnuplot_has_terminal.m
>>> iirc, and who knows how many others.
There are many other uses of regexp, but there shouldn't be many more
errors.  I did go through all of them one by one and 'make check' passes
without errors.

>>> Campbell
>>
>> Richard, I recall you (someone?) mentioning this before and proposing
>> a change. Unfortunately, I'd forgotten about it.
>>
>> May I ask that you submit a changeset to the patch tracker?
>>
>> http://savannah.gnu.org/patch/?group=octave
>>
>> I've begun looking at the patches there and hope to take care of most
>> of them this week (unless someone beats me to it).
>>
>> Ben
>>

> Ben,
>
> It wasn't me, it was Rik. Here's the
> thread:
> https://mailman.cae.wisc.edu/pipermail/octave-maintainers/2011-January/022648.html
>
> I submitted a "require PCRE" patch some time ago and I don't see it on
> the list of patches now - I think someone else might have pushed a
> better one already.
>
> Campbell

JWE committed this patch
(http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/dfeea9cae79e) which adds the
requirement for PCRE to the build process.

--Rik