Re: Is OCTINTERP_API still relevant?

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: Is OCTINTERP_API still relevant?
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 09:41:16 +0000

2011/2/23 Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <address@hidden>:
> Is the OCTINTERP_API macro still relevant? It's peppered all over the
> code, and I think all it does is give the __declspec(dllimport)
> attribute for MSVC, but we aren't even compiling on MSVC anymore. I
> guess it's in place for the benefit of people who want to create oct
> files with MSVC? Is that correct?

For the record, I still compile octave with MSVC. It is required because
it defines what are the exported symbols (MSVC does not auto-export
symbols). But besides its use with MSVC, I can (should?) also be
used under GCC to defines what are the exported symbols and part
of the octave API, by using the visibility attribute.

Michael.