Intro

From: Jim Curry
Subject: Intro
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2011 20:56:43 -0800

Hello,

Sorry if my e-mail is a bother.

I'm a good programmer in C/C++.  I'm mostly interested in numerical computations, but can do what's necessary.  Usually I am producing quick and dirty software to get answers quickly, verify them, and get on.  So, lots of my code isn't tight---although I can make it tight.

I am entirely new to the free software world.  It seems that it might be possible for me to contribute something useful to Octave, but I'm entirely new.  I don't know what is being done and what is currently on the back burner.  I was going to give some logarithm and exponential functions to MPF?, but they seem to have some already---don't actually need more.

If you might suggest a starting point, I would be happy to go away and slog some code until I had something to give you---for free, of course.

If you don't need any help, I understand.

Regards,
Jim Curry
Cut Bank, Montana