persistent listeners

From: Konstantinos Poulios
Subject: persistent listeners
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 12:16:43 +0100

In the new implementation of subplot we have the problem that the
listeners that we use for the synchronization of subplots are deleted
once something is plotted on a subplot.

The attached patches implement persistent listeners, i.e.:

1. listeners added with:
addlistener (handle, propertyname, cbfunction, "persistent")
will not be removed by the c++ method "remove_all_listeners", nor by a
call to delete_listener() with empty arguments list.

2. however, explicitly removing a persistent listener from the frontend with:
dellistener (handle, propertyname, cbfunction)
should still work.

Please take a look at the patches so that I can push them if it is ok,
so that we can make some progress with the subplot fixes.

Kostas