Re: cquad function for Octave

From: Pedro Gonnet
Subject: Re: cquad function for Octave
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 21:54:08 +0100

Hi John et al.,

Moving this discussion here as requested. I'm a bit surprised by the
name change. It's a bit of a problem since in the ACM TOMS paper on the
algorithm, I wrote:

        Algorithm 3 was reimplemented in the C programming language as
        cquad for both the GNU Scientific Library [Galassi et al. 2009]
        and in Octave [Eaton 2002] (using the native Oct-File interface)
        and is available from within both projects.

So, if possible, I would prefer it being re-re-named to cquad... Or were
there reasons for this of which I am unaware?

I had also submitted, a while back, a set of patches for the
documentation, adding the exact reference to the paper:

        @cite{P. Gonnet, "Increasing the Reliability of Adaptive
        Quadrature Using Explicit Interpolants", ACM Transactions on
        Mathematical Software, Vol. 37, Issue 3, Article Nr. 3, 2010}

but this doesn't seem to have made it in. Could this be added too?

Many thanks and sorry for being a bother about this,
Pedro