Re: Bug tracker and transplants

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Bug tracker and transplants
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2011 10:14:49 -0400

http://mercurial.808500.n3.nabble.com/Suggested-workflow-for-Octave-td2768774.html

| Greg Ward's response seems particularly detailed.

Thanks.

I sent two responses to that thread.  The first is apparently being
held for approval, but the second was posted and is here:

  http://selenic.com/pipermail/mercurial/2011-April/037835.html

So now that I finally understand this workflow better, I think it is
good, provided we can train everyone to apply patches on the correct
branch.

Have you looked at how hard it would be to switch to this workflow
from where we are now?

Are there changes that break binary compatibility or any otherwise
risky changes that have been applied to the default branch since the
3.4.0 release?  If not, then we could just merge and start using this
method now.  But if there are some changesets that should only appear
on default and not stable, I think there will be a little more work
involved in making the switch.