Re: 3.4.1 release

From: Rik
Subject: Re: 3.4.1 release
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2011 14:01:34 -0700

4/4/11

John,

After looking at the current list of bugs on the tracker, I think this one
(https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?32840).) is the only one I would nominate
for fixing before the next point release.

The issue is that Octave packaging is placing dynamically linked functions
(.oct files) in $libexecdir.  According to the GNU standard
(http://www.gnu.org/software/autoconf/manual/autoconf.html#Installation-Directory-Variables),
$libexecdir is for binary executables run by programs (whereas $bindir is
for binary executables run by users).  The reporter attached a patch, but I
haven't verified it.

--Rik