Re: 3.4.1 release

From: Michael D. Godfrey
Subject: Re: 3.4.1 release
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2011 15:35:52 -0700

On 04/04/2011 02:01 PM, Rik wrote:
4/4/11

John,

After looking at the current list of bugs on the tracker, I think this one
(https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?32840).) is the only one I would nominate
for fixing before the next point release.

The issue is that Octave packaging is placing dynamically linked functions
(.oct files) in $libexecdir.  According to the GNU standard
(http://www.gnu.org/software/autoconf/manual/autoconf.html#Installation-Directory-Variables),
$libexecdir is for binary executables run by programs (whereas $bindir is
for binary executables run by users).  The reporter attached a patch, but I
haven't verified it.

--Rik

I would like to add: https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?32980

This is the fact that OpenGL accepts doubles but converts
to single.  Thus if some data points are outside the float range they are
plotted incorrectly. Also, if axes are specified outside the float range they
are not handled correctly.  This case is pretty obvious, but the data
points getting "lost" is not.  No warning or error is issued in these cases.

Gnuplot handles this correctly.  So, people expect correct double results.

I would say that until this is fixed the fltk backend cannot be considered
to be reliable.

Michael