Re: 3.4.1 release and FLTK

From: Rik
Subject: Re: 3.4.1 release and FLTK
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2011 20:25:40 -0700

On 04/04/2011 06:01 PM, Michael D Godfrey wrote:

>> I absolutely agree, but I don't think we need this for the 3.4.1 release.
>> I thought the switchover from gnuplot to FLTK as the default was expected
>> only before the next major release, i.e., 3.6.  Also, I'm not sure that
>> this has a simple fix.  Do we just need to add listeners on the
>> xdata,ydata,zdata channels and warn if values exceed 1e38?
>>
>> --Rik
> Good!  This means that for 3.4.1 we should make clear that there are
> problems, and
> mention this specifically and very clearly.
I just added a *Caution* warning to the documentation.

In addition, we might want to consider issuing a warning, say whenever the
FLTK backend is initialized through __init_fltk__.  This would generally be
executed just once per session so it wouldn't be too obtrusive, but would
still accomplish the goal of informing the user about the limitations in
the FLTK toolkit.

--Rik