Re: Possible mentor for Summer of Code project

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Possible mentor for Summer of Code project
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2011 09:04:15 -0500

2011/4/5 Daniel Kraft <address@hidden>:
> On 04/05/11 00:13, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:
>>>
>>> I got a response from Ralf Wildenhues that he likes the idea, so my
>>> question is:  Does anyone want to mentor, in case the application
>>> gets accepted?
>>
>> Jaroslav had said he would like to mentor, but he seems to be busy
>> with his day job nowadays.

> Regarding a mentor, I believe that the most important part is to
> have someone "officially" mentoring the proposal

I can provide basic guidance around the Octave sources. If that's all
that a mentor officially needs to be and we can still rely on the
mailing list at large to answer specific questions about profiling
then I can do it. My understanding, however, was that the mentor also
had to go through the application process, so Google will probably
want to see a mentor like Jaroslav who could help with the specific
questions. Can you confirm or deny?

At any rate, I'm CCing Jaroslav since he said he was interested. Maybe
he hasn't been paying as much attention to the dev mailing list
lately.

- Jordi G. H.