Promising new Qt GUI

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Promising new Qt GUI
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2011 14:15:13 -0400

On  6-Apr-2011, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:

| And yes, it's hooking onto the readline idle loop too:
|
|      https://github.com/jacobdawid/Quint

Maybe I'm missing something, but how is it hooking in to the readline
idle loop?  I took a quick look at the sources and they don't seem to
include any Octave headers and the code in mainwindow.cpp and
octaveterminal.cc appears to start Octave as a subprocess and wait for
output to match a regexp that looks like a prompt (which, btw, will
fail as soon as someone sets PS1 to something that doesn't match the
hardcoded regexp "octave:[0-9]+>").