Re: Release 3.4.1

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Release 3.4.1
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2011 23:33:33 -0500

On 6 April 2011 19:20, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:
> We can make it clear in the release notes for 3.4.1 that it is
> unfortunately not binary compatible with 3.4.0.  In the future, any
> .oct file built for an Octave release 3.4.x should work with any
> later release in the 3.4.x series.

There's a silver lining in this, because the binary packaging for
3.4.0 has been quite sluggish, so most users have not been exposed to
3.4.0. I'm specifically thinking of the Debian packages (hence
Ubuntu), Windows and even Mac OS X, except for the recent surfacing of
a binary for it.

After April 10, I'm going to commit more time to work on the Debian
packaging, and if 3.4.1 happens soon, that could be the first Debian
package in the 3.4.x series.

- Jordi G. H.