Re: Successfully merged projects

From: John Swensen
Subject: Re: Successfully merged projects
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 09:00:05 -0400

On Apr 11, 2011, at 8:48 AM, Jacob Dawid wrote:

> I have also replaced all mutexes with QMutexes. John, I have integrated your
> file chooser dock widget, see the screenshot attached.
> <Bildschirmfoto-Octave.png>

Looking very nice.  Here are a couple more questions and comments:

1) Do you want to work on the derivation of QAbstractTableModel to implement
the variables view, or do you want me to do that?
2) Also, we need to add an interaction to OctaveLink to deal with changing
directories from the file chooser.
3) Did you see the snippet of code I had in my MainWindow class that handles
saving and restoring the configuration of the dock panels?  Maybe there is a
better way to do this, but it seems pretty easy to me to do it this way.

CALLED AT THE END OF MY MAINWINDOW CONSTRUCTOR
// Restore the previous dock organization in the QT platform-independent manner
QSettings settings("GNU", "Quint");
restoreGeometry(settings.value("MainWindow/geometry").toByteArray());
restoreState(settings.value("MainWindow/windowState").toByteArray());

void MainWindow::saveDockLayout(void)
{
  // Save the dock organization in the QT platform-independent manner
  QSettings settings("GNU", "OctaveDE");
  settings.setValue("MainWindow/geometry", saveGeometry());
  settings.setValue("MainWindow/windowState", saveState());

  //TODO: save other things like font, colors, etc.

}

John