Re: Successfully merged projects

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Successfully merged projects
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 13:22:49 -0400

On 11-Apr-2011, Richard Crozier wrote:

| The advantage of the matlab gui is that you can step through your file,
| realise there is an error, change something earlier in the script, or
| manually change a variable value, highlight a block of code in the file and
| reevaluate, the continue without having to start from scratch, or save all
| the variables to a file, or some other method.

The Emacs Octave mode can already do much of this.

You might not like the keybindings, but they are configurable so you
could make them just about whatever you want.

My guess is that you could make the Octave IDE pop up an Emacs window
and if it had the right keybindings people would be happy with it as
long as they didn't know they were actually using Emacs.