Re: GSoC 2011

From: Daniel Kraft
Subject: Re: GSoC 2011
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 15:39:16 +0200

Hi,

On 04/14/11 15:29, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:
Just a heads up since the mentoring things in the Google website
aren't visible publicly: I've signed up to mentor Daniel Kraft on the
profiler project and rocky has signed up as a backup mentor. We could
probably use another backup mentor. Anyone interested? Daniel's
project is also highly rated amongst the proposals submitted to GNU,
and it's drumming up interest.

nice to hear that! Thanks for all the effort you and others seem to be putting into getting this work :)

We will still need help from more senior Octave devs, but for basic
things, I can mentor Daniel. Speaking of which, Daniel, have you had
any chance to look at some Octave bugs?

Well, I attempted to patch a (very minor) issue I found by chance. The patch is here:

https://mailman.cae.wisc.edu/pipermail/octave-maintainers/2011-April/023543.html

What's the best procedure in submitting patches, BTW?

For https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?32053, I think adding the information to whos seems to be a good idea (see my comment there). Is that what's considered to be done? Or also some changes to the complex handling? But if you (and others) agree, I'd like to create a patch for the whos part.

Apart from that, nothing so far.

Yours,
Daniel

--