Re: Integrating Quint into the Octave sources

From: Doug Stewart
Subject: Re: Integrating Quint into the Octave sources
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2011 15:28:20 -0400

2011/4/15 Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <address@hidden>
I have integrated Jacob Dawid's git changesets into my clone of the
Octave repo, under a gui/ directory, on the default branch:

    https://bitbucket.org/jordigh/gnu-octave/changesets

Jacob has tremendous energy, and he's very happy to give us Quint. I
think we should accept it as soon as possible.

Regarding proper integration with Octave's build system, I think we
should stick with qmake, at least for now. It works, and it's not an
external dependency on top of the already existing Qt. Plus, it's
already there. The recursive make call is a little ugly, agreed, but I
think integrating Qt with autotools and making Jacob work with an
unfamiliar build system is uglier, at least for now during the initial
coding sprint. Perhaps later we can move to autotools.

With the consensus of other Octave devs, I would like to push these
changets to Savannah's default branch.

- Jordi G. H.
There are still some problems to iron out.
This M file crashes it:
http://ubuntuone.com/p/n4E/