Re: Integrating Quint into the Octave sources

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Integrating Quint into the Octave sources
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 10:54:27 -0500

On 18 April 2011 10:43, Jacob Dawid <address@hidden> wrote:
> jwe wrote:

>> I don't see a GUI for Octave as a separate thing.  I see it as part
>> of Octave, which is why I would like to integrate the sources with
>> Octave rather than keep them separate.
>
> Okay, but I think we should wait a bit. The GUI is still very young and
> naturally it can't provide what people expect.

As I see it, this is no reason to wait. It should go into the
development branch, which makes no promises of functionality. It's
precisely what that branch is for, for breaking things. We have a
stable branch where we do try to keep things tidy, and we make stable
releases when we are fairly confident that things are working well.

- Jordi G. H.