Re: Integrating Quint into the Octave sources

From: Doug Stewart
Subject: Re: Integrating Quint into the Octave sources
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 13:54:46 -0400

On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 1:41 PM, Michael D Godfrey <address@hidden> wrote:
On 04/18/2011 08:43 AM, Jacob Dawid wrote:
Additionally, I think we should
be building one main program called "octave" with a command-line
option to allow users to disable starting the GUI when they want to
run Octave in a terminal.
This is one of the major features of Matlab which causes users to switch to
Octave.  Not a good idea.  It could well be a reason for many of us to
return to Matlab.  Having read much of the recent discussion of this GUI
implementation I think it would be better to defer the plans for integration.

Michael

"This is one of the major features of Matlab which causes users to switch to
Octave."
 I have never heard this before, it always was the other way for my students.
Just my 1 cent worth.

Doug