Re: Separation into dock widgets

From: Jacob Dawid
Subject: Re: Separation into dock widgets
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 10:50:22 +0200

Hey Michael

2011/4/29 Michael Goffioul <address@hidden>
IIRC John was experimenting with docking widget to allow any widget layout.

I wrote about that here:

[...] but DockWidgets are not intended by design what they should do in this case, they rather act as toolbars around the central widget (it is possible to "hack" it by assigning an empty central widget and not allowing them to overlap, but that's is not working well for all situations).

As for this:

This is imo a better approach than playing with shirtcuts, as I think being able
to have the editor and the terminal windows side-by-side is a must. Did that
get anywhere?

Please do not judge that by merely saying shortcuts are a bad thing before trying out how comfortable this is, we're not average Windows users :). In fact, there are also arguments against having a terminal window and the editor side-by-side, like wasting screen space for example. Let's recall, what are the benefits?
--
Software Development == Church Development
Step 1. Build it.

Whitespace - the most ink saving programming language: http://compsoc.dur.ac.uk/whitespace/index.php .