Re: Separation into dock widgets

From: John Swensen
Subject: Re: Separation into dock widgets
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 16:34:04 -0400

On Apr 29, 2011, at 4:10 PM, Jacob Dawid wrote:

> I made everything dockable now, it looks like this:
>
> http://www.pic-upload.de/view-9779798/Octave-Dock-Widgets.png.html
>
> Still I need to make the other tabs dockable (documentation, bugtracker), but
> the most important things are dockable now. You can pull the latest source
> here: https://github.com/jacobdawid/Quint
>
> Jacob

I think this is getting better and better.  I still think a switch to
QScintilla would be great.  I started  while back to make a dockable derivative
of QScintilla.  Once I have that working, I will send it to you.  It should be
almost a drop-in replacement, other than hooks for other interactions with the
UI (e.g. open, close, etc).  I think in the long run QScintilla will make it
easier to do things like auto-complete, mouse-hover interactions, having
breakpoints and other debugging symbols in the gutter, etc.

In my last email, I asked about the debugging functionality being removed from
OctaveLink.  Do you have plans to put that back in?

John Swensen