Re: mingw build?

From: Marco atzeri
Subject: Re: mingw build?
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2011 08:09:56 +0200

On 6/8/2011 11:11 PM, fork wrote:
I am sorry to be whiny and helpless, but ....

... does anyone know when the next mingw standalone build will come out?

Many of us are forced to use brain dead OS'es at work, don't have the experience
to build on a MS system (I have successfully built octave on Unix), and would
LOVE to be able use 3.4.1 for projects.

as you are used to unix, 3.4.0 is available on cygwin
(Unix like ambient for Windows).

As all the other cygwin programs you can install it with the
setup program available on:
http://www.cygwin.com/

Of course for graphics you need to install a run also the X server, but it should be simple

Regards
Marco