changesets that remove ChangeLog from distribution tarballs

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: changesets that remove ChangeLog from distribution tarballs
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2011 14:16:24 -0400

The following changesets

  http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/a87052630372
  http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/ee3a60f254e1

remove the generated ChangeLog file from the distribution and also
remove it on distclean.  I don't think that's what we want to do.  The
generated ChangeLog file should be in the tar.gz file that we
distribute so that people without access to the mercurial archive can
still see a log of the changes from one distribution to the next.  So
I think these two changesets should be backed out.  Or am I missing
something?