Re: Suggested hg workflow

From: Daniel Kraft
Subject: Re: Suggested hg workflow
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2011 20:13:23 +0200

On 06/17/11 19:29, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:
> Daniel Kraft <address@hidden> wrote:
>> I now finally really started coding for a first profiler attempt
>> (although I will only have "full time" with holdiays in two weeks).
>
> Ah, I thought you were already full time. I was getting worried over
> not hearing from you in a while. Thanks for the update.

Sorry, I thought I already mentioned that (at least in the project
proposal, but that's been a while, of course).  Here in Austria holidays
only start in July (but last throughout September).

>> Do you have tips on how I should manage this in my hg repository?
>> I.e., do you recommend using mq for such a possibly larger project,
>> or rather use a new branch or something?
>
> You may want to use a new branch, but bear in mind that named branches
> in hg are rather permanent. Each commit you make with a named branch
> will have the branch name grafted on it. Bookmarks (an extension) may
> be better suited. Work on the default branch in your own clone,
> periodically merging your clone with Savannah locally, and put a
> bookmark on your own changes of the clone.
>
> Does this make sense?

Well, yes ... do you have a pointer to a page explaining how to do this
(in commands) or something?  That would be great!

And something more:  Is there something you (or others, of course) can
recommend on how to re-compile Octave after code modifications?
Currently it is taking ages each time in the linker ... can this be
avoided somehow?  Should I configure to build statically or something?
(I'm basically using the default configuration with a changed prefix for
now.)

Thanks a lot!

Daniel

- --
http://www.pro-vegan.info/
- --
Done:  Arc-Bar-Cav-Kni-Ran-Rog-Sam-Tou-Val-Wiz
To go: Hea-Mon-Pri