Re: Performance issues on Windows, suggests a MSVC build

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: Performance issues on Windows, suggests a MSVC build
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 19:01:17 +0200

tor, 23 06 2011 kl. 12:32 +0200, skrev Jacob Dawid:
> The primary goal of free software (as I understand it of course) is to
> provide free, high-quality software and not to get as much users as
> possible.

Now I cannot speak for "free software" (not many people can speak on
behalf of a concept...), but I can speak for myself. While I started
contributing to Octave for selfish reasons (scratch that itch) I now
contribute because I want more people to use Octave. I consider a large
user-base a goal in itself. Is that rational or even in tune with the
goals of free software? Honestly, I don't really care; it matters to me
and that's enough (even if it's silly).

Søren