Re: Octave 3.4.2-rc2 release candidate available for ftp

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Octave 3.4.2-rc2 release candidate available for ftp
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 17:52:11 -0400

On 23-Jun-2011, Robert T. Short wrote:

| I didn't build from the tarball, but from the mercurial sources.  When I
| start from the build directory, I get
|
|  >./runoctave
| GNU Octave, version 3.4.1
| Copyright (C) 2011 John W. Eaton and others.
| (etc.)
|

| Where does the version get set?  I find '3.4.1' in a bunch of places
| including the Makefile
| OCTAVE_VERSION = 3.4.1
| but don't find any 3.4.2.
|
| The way I built was to
|  > hg clone http://www.octave.org/hg/octave
|  > hg update stable
|
| the build and install seem to have worked ok.
|
| I don't find tags for release 3.4.1 or 3.4.2.

Oops, I forgot to push some changesets to savannah.  That's done now,
so the head of the stable branch should be 3.4.2-rc2.

It looks like I also forgot to tag 3.4.1 (I thought I did it,
honest).  That's done now, but I haven't tagged 3.4.2 yet since it
isn't released.  I wasn't planning to tag release candidates, but I
could if people think that is useful.

Since I now have reports of success on GNU/Linux, OS X, Cygwin and
MinGW (at least using the change that I checked in for rc2 applied to
rc1, I think) I plan to make the 3.4.2 release tomorrow unless
something critical is reported before then.