Re: Performance issues on Windows, suggests a MSVC build

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Performance issues on Windows, suggests a MSVC build
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 10:45:22 -0500

On 27 June 2011 10:39, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:
>  The Octave project depends on volunteers to build executable
>  versions of Octave.  Currently there are no volunteers actively
>  working on preparing an installer for Octave on Windows systems.
>  Because of this, we have no idea when an installer for Windows will
>  be available.  Asking us when something will be ready won't make it
>  happen any faster.  What will help is finding someone to do the job,
>  or finding sufficient funding to pay someone to do the job.  If you
>  would like to help with the project, please contact the
> address@hidden mailing list.
>
> Note that we currently have the same situation for Debian (and
> therefore Ubuntu), eh?

Except building on Debian and Ubuntu is loads easier than building on
Windows. We really lost some steam when Rafael Laboissiere retired
from Debian packaging, but you and I regularly build on Debian, and we
know it's not that bad.

I'll work on the Debian packages this week, with some moderately high priority.

- Jordi G. H.