Re: Cygwin, ptys, porting Quint to Windows

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Cygwin, ptys, porting Quint to Windows
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2011 12:16:18 -0500

2011/7/14 Michael Goffioul <address@hidden>:
> 2011/7/14 Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <address@hidden>:
>> How can we make Quint work on Windows?

> Finally you can alternatively use cygwin. This will work only for the cygwin
> version of octave.

I understand, from what I was told on IRC, that it's possible to ship
a small Cygwin DLL along with Octave and to build against Cygwin, so
that end users won't even notice that Octave is using Cygwin if they
don't want to. Is this accurate? Seems to me like Cygwin is the path
of least resistance, since it would involve changing the code the
least. What are the objections to Cygwin?

- Jordi G. H.