Re: Cygwin, ptys, porting Quint to Windows

From: John Swensen
Subject: Re: Cygwin, ptys, porting Quint to Windows
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 13:15:48 -0400

On Jul 15, 2011, at 12:27 PM, Jacob Dawid wrote:

> Can someone confirm a successful build on MacOS?

I can build and run on OSX (with a few modifications).  However, it often
crashes or misbehaves in the following situations:
1) It always crashes on exit
2) It always crashes the first time it loads after it crashes previously
3) Plotting isn't available.  It complains that there is no graphical display
4) It is very sluggish.  Keypresses take 0.1-0.25 seconds to show up in the
terminal
I realize I am not giving very much information about the crashes, but don't
have time right now to investigate further.

Here are the items that I had to fix (generate with git diff > patch.diff) to
get it to compile.

Some of the changes had to do with building on OSX (e.g. the util.h for PTY
stuff and edits to the PRO file to not build the .app bundle).
Some of the changes were because my compiler wanted a cast for the KeyModifier
enum.
One of the changes is a bug (I think).  Were you intending to add and integer
to a QString?  I couldn't even get it to compile unless I moved the parenthesis
to add the integers to the width of the QString (see the changes in
NumberedCodeEdit).

Hope this helps,
John