Fwd: Cygwin, ptys, porting Quint to Windows

From: Jacob Dawid
Subject: Fwd: Cygwin, ptys, porting Quint to Windows
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 19:49:54 +0200

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jacob Dawid <address@hidden>
Date: 2011/7/15
Subject: Re: Cygwin, ptys, porting Quint to Windows
To: John Swensen <address@hidden>

I applied the modifications so that it should compile on MacOS and Linux. One of these even was a bug, I don't even know why this compiled. Also I removed the Qt3 Support. As soon as you have more detailed information on the crashes let's see how we can fix that.

2011/7/15 John Swensen <address@hidden>

On Jul 15, 2011, at 12:27 PM, Jacob Dawid wrote:

> Can someone confirm a successful build on MacOS?

I can build and run on OSX (with a few modifications).  However, it often crashes or misbehaves in the following situations:
1) It always crashes on exit
2) It always crashes the first time it loads after it crashes previously
3) Plotting isn't available.  It complains that there is no graphical display
4) It is very sluggish.  Keypresses take 0.1-0.25 seconds to show up in the terminal
I realize I am not giving very much information about the crashes, but don't have time right now to investigate further.

Here are the items that I had to fix (generate with git diff > patch.diff) to get it to compile.

Some of the changes had to do with building on OSX (e.g. the util.h for PTY stuff and edits to the PRO file to not build the .app bundle).
Some of the changes were because my compiler wanted a cast for the KeyModifier enum.
One of the changes is a bug (I think).  Were you intending to add and integer to a QString?  I couldn't even get it to compile unless I moved the parenthesis to add the integers to the width of the QString (see the changes in NumberedCodeEdit).

Hope this helps,
John

--
Software Development == Church Development
Step 1. Build it.

Whitespace - the most ink saving programming language: http://compsoc.dur.ac.uk/whitespace/index.php .