Octave-Forge code swarm

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Octave-Forge code swarm
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2011 22:53:25 -0500

I made another code swarm, this time for Octave-Forge's repository:

     http://jordi.platinum.linux.pl/movies/forge-swarm-2011.ogg

Should play on Firefox or Chrome out of the box or the VLC media
player.

Another code swarm, for Octave itself since October 2008:

     http://jordi.platinum.linux.pl/movies/octave-swarm-2011.ogg

And an old swarm for Octave, since the beginning of time, until October 2008:

     http://jordi.platinum.linux.pl/movies/octave-swarm-fast-take3.ogg

Explanation: coloured dots are files and they swarm towards the person
who touches them. When two people touch the same files, they start
swarming towards each other. The little line graph at the bottom shows
project activity by number and type of files touched (it's just a
simple regexp based on the directory in which the files are touched).
People fade away as they stop coding and new people come from the
edges as they start contributing. People acquire the hue of the files
they touch.

It's interesting to visualise Paul Kienzle's work from the beginning,
but he was never alone, unlike how jwe did almost everything by
himself for the first several years of Octave's existence. Or how
Benjamin Lindner did so much work in "admin" because of his efforts to
build Octave on Windows. Or how Søren explodes into the scene touching
many many files. Also, before making this swarm, I had never realised
that jwe and Jaroslav Hajek and other people who have many commits on
Octave itself also touched 'Forge files at some point, albeit briefly.

I hope you don't mind my musical choices. Turn off the sound if you
do. ;-)

Enjoy,
- Jordi G. H.