Re: [OctDev] Octave-Forge bugs in the tracker?

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: [OctDev] Octave-Forge bugs in the tracker?
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2011 23:41:25 -0500

2011/8/1 Philip Nienhuis <address@hidden>:
> Lastly I'm fairly happy with the -let's say: fairly relaxed- svn
> setup of OF. I find the stricter workflow of Mercurial a bit
> daunting

Huh, that's odd. I feel exactly the opposite way. I find hg gives me a
lot more freedom try out stuff, to move patches, to keep my own
private patches under version control without pushing them, to undo
mistakes, to combine work with other people... I feel a lot more
constrained with svn which doesn't even work if I don't have an
internet connection.

But whatever, if the Octave-Forge developers feel constrained with hg,
there's certainly no need to use it, so don't let hg scare you. The
real discussion here is if we should merge bug trackers and perhaps
mailing lists.

- Jordi G. H.