Re: Release goals for 3.6

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Release goals for 3.6
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2011 20:10:30 -0500

On 2 August 2011 12:29, Daniel Kraft <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 08/02/11 18:50, John W. Eaton wrote:
>> I'd say a feature freeze in 2-3 months would be reasonable,
>> regardless of whether we have implemented many more of the above
>> wish-list items.
>>
>> We should be able to have a reasonably complete profiler for the
>> 3.6 release, yes? That's a nice new feature for a release. Plus
>> many bug fixes, and I expect some improved Matlab compatibility.
>
> - From my point of view and concerning the profiler, I think that
> should be fine. I'm not yet half-way through my holidays (they don't
> coincide well with the GSoC schedule here in Austria), so if we
> freeze in 2 months or later there's still plenty of time to work on
> it.
>
> Besides, basic profiling still works somewhat. I'm currently playing
> around with how to handle anonymous functions best, and next could
> be hierarchical profiles. That together with fixes for issues
> (whenever some come up) should already be a nice and useful profiler
> (IMHO).

You have one more month for GSoC, right? If you finish anonymous
functions and hierarchical profiles, I consider your work done. Maybe
you'll still have time after that togive us more icing for this cake.
:-)

What happened with the operator patch? I didn't want to intervene
because you and jwe seemed to be discussing it, but you didn't seem to
reach a conclusion.

- Jordi G. H.