"Related Projects"

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: "Related Projects"
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2011 21:14:17 -0400

On 31-Jul-2011, Jordi GutiƩrrez Hermoso wrote:

| This webpage:
|
|      http://octave.org/related.html
|
| seems to be mostly outdated nowadays. Octaviz has been abandoned for
| some time, octplot became the fltk backend, and pMatlab seems to be
| tenuously related to Octave only because Octave is an "open source
| clone of Matlab". I don't know if TANGO is exceedingly relevant,
| certainly doesn't belong in the same list as Octave-Forge as far as a
| project related to Octave.
|
| At any rate, this sort of stuff is probably better for the wiki. Can
| we just delete this page

It's fine with me if we have a place in the wiki where we can list
packages that are known to work with Octave but that are not part of
Octave Forge.

| (and make a better Octave wiki)?

That would be great.  What do you have in mind?  What software is used
to run the current wiki?  Is there something better that we could be
using?  I could easily install MediaWiki on www.octave.org.
Currently, www.octave.org is separate from the gnu.org site and could
be used to host a few things that we can't run on the gnu.org site,
like a wiki, or a bug tracker (if we decided to use something other
than the one available on savannah), or anything else that requires a
database or much server-side scripting, etc.