Re: Release goals for 3.6

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Release goals for 3.6
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2011 21:25:51 -0400

On  2-Aug-2011, Jordi GutiƩrrez Hermoso wrote:

| What happened with the operator patch? I didn't want to intervene
| because you and jwe seemed to be discussing it, but you didn't seem to
| reach a conclusion.

I think the patch is OK, but we will probably need some additional
work to handle overloaded function names.

At first I was thinking that it would be cleaner to implement
operators as function calls, but there are some problems that make
such a change more complicated than I originally thought it would be.
So it is probably best to go ahead with the current patch and if we ever
do change the way that operators are implemented we will just have to
change the profiling code then as well.