Re: ccache and checkinstall

From: Rik
Subject: Re: ccache and checkinstall
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2011 09:12:05 -0700

> Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2011 14:44:50 +0200
> From: Andreas Weber <address@hidden>
> To: address@hidden
> Cc: address@hidden
> Subject: build octave with ccache causes segfault when checkinstall
>
> Dear maintainers,
>
> if I try to build the latest octave development source with ccache and
> afterwards checkinstall, the process fails on checkinstall. The whole
> procedure:
8/3/11

Andreas,

I can't reproduce this which suggests something has changed with
checkinstall or ccache or one of the other requirements.  BUT, I don't
think it's a problem with Octave because I'm using the very latest code
from Mercurial.  The only thing I had to do was set the version string for
the package to a number (I used 3.4.3) rather than a text string (dev).

I'm running the long term release of Kubuntu (10.04) with the following
software packages.

kernel : 2.6.32-33-generic
g++    : 4:4.4.3-1ubuntu1
ccache : 2.4-17build1