Re: Binary distribution

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: Binary distribution
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2011 05:53:45 +0900 (JST)

Hello

--- On Thu, 2011/8/4, fork  wrote:

> Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <jordigh <at> octave.org> writes:
>
> >  Many other
> > free projects distribute binaries just this way, treating Windows and
> > Macintosh differently.
>
> Right now I am trying to get all the dependencies for printing for the 3.4.2
> mingw binary (which are not included, for plenty of good reasons), and it is a
> royal pain (the lack of a built-in compiler, wacked file layout, etc, etc).
> (OK, got ghostscript and ghostview, set the paths, now how do I get fig2dev
> and
> pstoedit?...) Another plea for a self-contained binary, I guess.

The pstoedit can be downloaded from the bellow:
http://www.pstoedit.net/

Fig2dev is part of transfig and windows version of it can be available by
Cygwin setup in category 'Graphics'.

If you do not want use the Cygwin, you can extract least program and dependency
dll files.  First you copy fig2dev.exe from /bin folder to another folder that
you made.
Doubly click the icon, windows give error dialog for a missing dll file.  You
search a dll file and copy it the same folder where fig2dev.exe is copied.
Repeat the operation until the windows until windows error dialog disappeared.

After they are finished, you need to set PATH environmental variable to there.
You can then delete the Cygwin folder.

Hope the above helps.