Re: svds test failures

From: Marco atzeri
Subject: Re: svds test failures
Date: Sun, 07 Aug 2011 15:16:16 +0200

On 8/6/2011 10:06 PM, Rik wrote:

Date: Sat, 06 Aug 2011 12:18:15 +0200
From: Marco atzeri

--------------

I would say that there is something different about your compiled version
of ARPACK.  The tests specifically use an initialization vector so the
ARPACK code should always start in the same location in solution space and
find the same eigenvalues.  It works on UNIX systems anyways.  Are you
running an octave version>  3.4.0 when ARPACK was incorporated into
Octave's build?  Might you have a leftover ARPACK library on your system
from a previous version of Octave?

Cheers,
Rik

Hi Rik,

it is a recent source

$ hg tip
changeset:   12930:7bd29d875af1
tag:         tip
user:        Rik <address@hidden>
date:        Fri Aug 05 20:36:10 2011 -0700
summary:     mode.m: Eliminate cellfun usage in assert tests

and from the build log I see no evidence that the system arpack
is used, just the octave one and very recent (28 Jul)

Marco