Re: Missing DLLs (was: Issues & questions building Octave-3.4.2 MinGW)

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: Missing DLLs (was: Issues & questions building Octave-3.4.2 MinGW)
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 04:54:30 +0900 (JST)

Hello

--- On Tue, 2011/8/9, Miloš Komarčević wrote:

> Hi Tatsuro,
>
> Thanks for building the latest Octave on MinGW and making it available
> for testing.
>
> I have tried both 27/7 and 8/8 packages and have some problems with
> missing DLLs:
>
> For 27/7, it was the libwmflite-7.dll, and for 8/8 it is libltdl-7.dll.
>
> Both of these errors show up when I attempt an 'imread'.
Sorry my check is not complete. I will correct them after August 18.

> I haven't tried building myself yet, but just an idea:
>
> Why not combine efforts and keep all MinGW related patches and
> instructions at one central place under version control, e.g.:
>
> http://octave.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/octave/trunk/octave-forge/admin/Windows/
>
> I see Benjamin already has scripts there that download and install the
> build environment and the dependencies for 3.4.x, why not build on
> that?

The reason is just that I have been keeping a long history my original build
environments.  Sometimes it is useful to check errors from different build
environments.
In my idea, my role in the Octave for windows development is a build tester but
not a maintainer.

I think it is hopeful to have build environments using Benjamin's build patch
set and makefile set.  But it may take a long time to do that.  I am now
waiting that Benjamin himself build them and make the binary distribution.

Regards

Tatsuro