Re: Fwd: [Announce] GSoC 2011 Mentors/Org Admins: Reminder: "Pencils Dow

From: Michael D Godfrey
Subject: Re: Fwd: [Announce] GSoC 2011 Mentors/Org Admins: Reminder: "Pencils Down" Dates Approaching
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 12:18:13 -0700

On 08/10/2011 10:11 AM, Daniel Kraft wrote:
 I'm not sure how the manual is generated and have the
feeling that the docstrings may be automatically collected there, but I
also think that some kind of "how to use the profiler" tutorial (besides
the documentation of profile and profshow) should be useful.  So I'll
try to write one, even if it will not be included in the main manual I'd
like to provide it at least as an additional ressource.

Cheers,
Daniel
Could I encourage you to think in terms of a Chapter (or at least a major
Section) in the Manual.  Profiling is pretty important and deserves clear
and visible documentation.  The Manual flow is fairly straightforward.
It will help if you know the basics of TeX (if you do not, now may be a good
time to learn! :-) ).

From what I have seen, you have done a great job.  If I can help point
this out to Google (I visit there fairly often) just tell me how.

Best,
Michael