Offscreen plotting in OpenGL

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Offscreen plotting in OpenGL
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 17:57:40 -0500

So there's one outstanding wishlist item for making the OpenGL backend
default for 3.6, and that's offscreen plotting.

I asked around, and apparently it's now easier to do this than it was
3 years ago, and framebuffer objects are the way to go. It doesn't
sound terribly complicated from my initial perusal of the subject.
Should we "officially" (whatever that means) add this to the 3.6
release goals?

- Jordi G. H.