Re: [Patch, Profiler] First hierarchical data

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: [Patch, Profiler] First hierarchical data
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 21:23:51 -0500

On 11 August 2011 10:58, Daniel Kraft <address@hidden> wrote:
> this patch changes the profiler implementation to collect data in
> hierarchical form. The flat profile is then calculated from that
> data, so everything works as before. But in addition, it is now also
> possible to get the full call tree -- namely via the second output
> argument of __profiler_data.

Looks good. It doesn't break anything and profiler still works and I
confirmed that we do indeed get the call tree in the second argument.
I've pushed and merged your patch:

     http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/graph

Btw, I noticed you weren't using trailing underscores in internal
functions (more trivial style things), so I changed that.

> Currently, there's not yet any function to interpret that on the
> user side; but that will be next. I think this is a nice
> intermediate stage to submit a patch.

Okay, get that patch ready by Monday (or sooner?) and that will be the
code that we will show Google. Then we can start looking at
documentation and final polishing.

Later, if you're still interested in Octave (hopefully!), we can start
looking at pretty HTML output.

Thanks,
- Jordi G. H.