Re: New documentation patch and small profshow extension

From: Daniel Kraft
Subject: Re: New documentation patch and small profshow extension
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2011 12:28:23 +0200

On 08/19/11 19:55, Jordi GutiƩrrez Hermoso wrote:
> On 19 August 2011 09:44, Daniel Kraft <address@hidden> wrote:
>> here are two more patches.  The first one (index.diff) adds a
>> new column to the table printed by profshow -- namely the index
>> into FunctionTable of the profiler data structure.  I think that
>> is useful (see the profiler example session for when it could
>> become useful).
>>
>> doc2.diff is another documentation, which adds a new section to
>> debug.txi which is a "tutorial-like" profiler example session.
>
> Thank you, I've pushed these patches along with your other one and
> did some minor proofreading for style and such:
>
> http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/graph
>
> I've also uploaded the resulting HTML documentation, for those who
> want to quickly see it without building:
>
> http://jordi.platinum.linux.pl/octave/Profiling.html
> http://jordi.platinum.linux.pl/octave/Profiler-Example.html

Thanks a lot!

> So, are you done? There's still the matter of a hierarchical
> profile, but I think that's already outside of the official time
> allotted by Google. Do you want to keep going? I hope so, this has
> all been very productive and successful. You will get glowing
> reviews from me for Google.

Yes, that's all I can provide before the Google deadline on Monday
(since I'm going on holiday "right now").  And nice to hear that you
will give me good reviews and a passing evaluation! ;)

But yes, I still want to keep going on -- with an interface to the
hierarchical profile as a next goal, and then possibly another
documentation section about using that.  And later maybe HTML output,
or something else ... we'll see.

In any case, I really enjoyed working for Octave this summer!  And
hope that my work will be useful for others.

Thanks!  Yours,
Daniel

PS: Probably I won't be accessible until beginning of September from
now on (except that I'll try to enter my final evaluation despite
being on vacation), but at the latest then I'll come back in touch.

- --
or use https://safesend.domob.eu/
- --
Done:  Arc-Bar-Cav-Kni-Ran-Rog-Sam-Tou-Val-Wiz
To go: Hea-Mon-Pri