Re: Missing DLLs (was: Issues & questions building Octave-3.4.2 MinGW)

From: Nit Nit
Subject: Re: Missing DLLs (was: Issues & questions building Octave-3.4.2 MinGW)
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 11:24:31 +0300

>>I have corrected the packaging errors.
>>http://www.tatsuromatsuoka.com/octave/Eng/Win/
>>Both  libwmflite-7.dll and libltdl-7.dll  are included in octave-3.4.2.zip.
>>
>>Regards
>>
>>Tatsuro

I am not sure that this fix to octave-3.4.2.zip is correct -

1. Regarding libwmflite-7.dll - it was required for building oct files in prev. versions of Tatsuro's 3.4.2 builds but at least for me, it not required any more by the recent builds (after copying libblas.dll.a, libfftw3.dll.a, libfftw3f.dll.a, liblapack.dll.a from recent OctaveLibs.zip to lib subdir of my octave tree).
2. Regarding libltdl-7.dll - it is bundled in the bin subdir in Tatsuro recent MinGW-TM.zip (it is located in this subdir also by Benjamin's 3.2.4 mingw installation).

I have spent some time for reconstructing minimal installation tree for being able to build oct files and adding octaveforge packages (without adding the full OctaveLibs.zip) from Tatsuro's builds and could build about 67 packages.

Tatsuro, one issue may be taken care now is: sed.exe from bin subdir of recent octave-3.4.2.zip since requires some missing dlls. It can be removed from that zip since sed.exe which does not requires these dlls (probably statically linked) already provided by your recent msys-TM.zip.

I will report about all the steps I have taken, starting with Tatsuro's builds when I will finish.

Regards
Nitzan