Re: Freemat Development

From: Jacob Dawid
Subject: Re: Freemat Development
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 17:18:27 +0200

Samit,

maybe we can find a common interface for the requirements a software for numerical mathematics must have to serve us all. I am not quite sure under which license you distribute freemat in your own products and what the expectations of your user base are, but surely we can agree on working to fulfil all our needs equally. Coding together means to not run two competing products, so in the end work that has been done will result in better software for the user.

We have people doing lots of dedicated work, like testing, answering questions in IRC, doing packaging, caring for nightly builds, bugfixing and translating into various languages. Also, I was not implicitly saying that you have to abandon your project. We already took a look over your code to check if you have implemented some functionality that we still lack, especially a terminal emulation for Windows.

If applicable, I would always opt in to integrate work that has been done already. I invite you to participate on our mailing list

address@hidden

This way you will reach more people that hopefully can answer you more specific questions.

Best Regards,
Jacob