Re: Octave development on MacOS 10.7 using macports

From: Jarno Rajahalme
Subject: Re: Octave development on MacOS 10.7 using macports
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 18:51:42 +0300

On Aug 22, 2011, at 16:53 , ext Ben Abbott wrote:

>> My impression is that the sources need to be modified. However, it isn't
>> clear to me if the change needs to be made on the autotools side or on the
>> c++ side. Advice or assistance would be appreciated.
>>
>> Ben
>>
>> <macports_configure.sh>
>
> I found a temporary work-around for the Carbon Framework / FLTK problem. I
> told gcc to link to the 10.6 framework instead. The modified
> macport_configure.sh script is attached.

Why don't you just configure with --without-framework-carbon? You can still
link with FLTK and use native graphics just fine, it's just that Octave's own
code will not know about screen dimensions and such but I have not seen any
downside to that. Also, that info, if needed might be available via FLTK.
Assuming that FLTK works with 10.7...

  Jarno