Re: quadl test request for Matlab

From: Rik
Subject: Re: quadl test request for Matlab
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 12:30:34 -0700

On 08/24/2011 11:24 AM, Judd Storrs wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 2:21 PM, Rik <address@hidden> wrote:
>> In order to verify that could someone with ML access check what the
>> following code produces?
>>> quadl (@(x) sin (2 + 3*x).^2, 0, 10, 0.3, [])
> ans =
>
>     4.8597

Well then.  It looks like it is the Octave implementation of the algorithm
which fails for large tolerances.  I suppose we could make this an xtest
and ignore the results for now.  I don't think anyone is going to leap to
fix this and it does make people believe something is wrong with their
installed version of Octave.

--Rik