Re: Dependencies not compiled in

From: Bruno Haible
Subject: Re: Dependencies not compiled in
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2011 14:44:05 +0200 (MEST)

Hi,

Michael Goffioul wrote:
> While compiling Octave, I got undefined references within the gnulib
> module.
> Namely:
> - chdir_long undefined, referenced in save-cwd.c

This is very astonishing, because the gnulib module 'save-cwd' has a
dependency on 'chdir-long'.

> - strncasecmp undefined, referenced in strptime.c

On which platform? The file doc/posix-functions/strncasecmp.texi states
that only old platforms (which are not gnulib portability targets) lack this
function.

> Would anybody have any hint?

Octave has a special build script for Windows, I recall, no? Maybe it needs
updates?

Bruno