Infinite recursion with fopen

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Infinite recursion with fopen
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2011 00:01:11 +0100

Hi,

When compiling octave with MSVC, I found an infinite recursion problem
with fopen. As fopen.c is compiled in C mode and GNULIB_FOPEN and
REPLACE_FOPEN are both 1 on my setup, it is compiled with
"fopen" being redefined as "rpl_open". This means that orig_fopen will
end up calling rpl_fopen (and not the system fopen, as I think it's supposed
to be). And because rpl_fopen calls orig_fopen, you get an infinite
recursion.

I'm not sure how this is supposed to work. I understand that #undef'ining
"fopen" is not an option as the system version might also be defined
as a macro on some systems.

Michael.