Re: tests in log-scale plots

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: tests in log-scale plots
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2011 11:21:39 -0400

On Sep 6, 2011, at 11:07 AM, c. wrote:

> On 6 Sep 2011, at 16:48, Ben Abbott wrote:
>
>> There has been some interest in producing an automated comparison on gnuplot
>> vs fltk vs Matlab plot demos.
>
> If the demos are meant for comparison with matlab, should they be written in
> matlab-compatible syntax,
> e.g. avoiding double quotes?
>
>> For that purpose it would be desirable to avoid output to the console (the
>> printf() stuff) and use text objects instead.
>
> OK, I'll remove the printf statements
>
>> Ben
>
> c.

We have a simple script that converts most of the octave specific code to a
matlab compatible version. Sometime soon, I'll go through the all the demos and
make sure the everything in compliant.

There are some things we are unable to catch when converting. One is implied
line continuations (pls use "..." when continuing lines in the demos). Another
is quoting a quote.

        "Will properly ""convert"""

        'Will properly ''convert'''

        "With not properly 'convert'"