Re: [OctDev] Octave-Forge bugs in the tracker?

From: Carnë Draug
Subject: Re: [OctDev] Octave-Forge bugs in the tracker?
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2011 02:00:42 +0100

On 8 September 2011 22:50, c. <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 8 Sep 2011, at 23:39, Carnë Draug wrote:
>
>> If we do stay in sourceforge, then we
>> should at least start using its bug tracker (which some users do use
>> to report bugs but no one checks. There must be a way to have a mail
>> be sent to octave-forge ML when anything changes on the bug tracker).
>
> It seems that more integration with mailing lists
> is one of the main features of the new version of
> the tracker on OF:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/p/forge/documentation/Tracker%20-%20Beta/
>
> Do you think we should try out this feature?

Yes! It seems to me there's not enough momentum to mave a big move to
savannah. We might as well start using SF then.

I just added myself to start watching the different trackers (bug,
feature request, patches, and support requests). There's a button on
each of these pages, one says "start monitoring" and the other says
"start watching" which I don't know the difference but selected both
anyway:

bug -> https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=2888&atid=102888
feature request -> https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=2888&atid=352888
patches -> https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=2888&atid=302888
support -> https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=2888&atid=302888

Could a project admin maybe create the different categories (one for
each package at least)? And update the web pages to mention that users
should use the trackers to report bugs? And when asking for support,
what should be the recommended method? The tracker for support request
or the mailing list?

Carnë